Saturday, October 07, 2006

Saturday, October 7, 2006

Joyce stayed over last night. It was fun to do some girl things. We made a list of teaparty themes we might like to try some day and watched 2 episodes of "Avonlea." That was such a great series! Joyce said that she had had her dinner before coming, but I hadn't so I put a pan of potstickers in the oven for my dinner. I hadn't ever tried them, but they were pretty good! Joyce, who sampled them with me, thought we could serve them at a tea party some time.
This morning we were up bright and early to do the laundry. Joyce is such a help - especially with getting things out of the dryer! She is also very good at sorting and folding. I think her mother could probably put her talents to use - especially when that new baby sister arrives!
Joyce is doing school work right now. Being homeschooled has many advantages, one of them is not having to stick to a strict M-F, 9amto 3pm time schedule. Joyce wants to go on a field trip on Monday, so she is getting her Monday school work finished up today.
I love having her here for whatever reason. She is good company!
We had pancakes for breakfast and Amy dropped off 2 doughnuts for us. I actually had a bite of one! I had leftover pancakes for my lunch and Joyce had a chicken potpie that she spied in the freezer. Before she has to go home again I am sure that we will have another round of popsicles.
It is a beautiful day! The sun is shining and the sky is blue. We plan to go for a walk once Joyce finishes her school work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Site Counter
Web Site Counter