Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday September 28, 2006

Thirty days hath September
April, June and November
All the rest have 31
Except February alone
Which has 28 in fine
And each leapyear 29.

Probably we all learned that verse as a child. It just came to mind as I wrote the date in the title and realized that September is nearly over! Where does the time go?
Today was wet and dreary outside, but inside, I had a great day with the kids! They seemed to be running over with energy and good spirits. It amazes me sometimes how well they seem to get along together. Oh there are moments... but overall they do enjoy each other's company.
We had to stay indoors, of course, today. I heard no complaints, but lots of ideas as to how they might spend the time. Daniel and Joyce busied themselves immediately making cards. P3 had math to finish up and David grabbed a puzzle and set it down in front of me and said, "Jane DO!" Later, Daniel got the pb and crackers down for a snack and when I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave David was beside himself with anticipation. He wanted up to see it and gave me hugs of appreciation.
P3 and Joyce stayed later to work on a writing assignment for language arts. When they finished we played Upwards. They are getting quite good at the game. It is one of my favorites so I am happy for their interest in it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Site Counter
Web Site Counter