Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday

What a beautiful day! The sun is shining! The sky is blue! BLUE! Just like in the coloring books! The temperature is 47 degrees. Church was wonderful today. Another good sermon from Vince followed by a potluck dinner. The congregation attendance was down today. Part of that is owing to Julia P. who was born this morning at 7am. She is about a week early. I believe her due date was the 17th. At 8lbs. 4 oz. she has the biggest birth weight amongst her siblings.
On the way home from church P2 spotted Tommy B outside, so we went up to say "hello" and have a short chat. He is doing well. He said that the Christmas tree sales was slow, but maybe if we get a really good snow people will get into the spirit of Christmas. I remember that when I worked at WM the Christmas season would always pick up if there was a bit of snow flying. There was not much snow down by the church. Up here we have a few inches. Every time I see Tommy I think of Eddie B., his father and my cousin. He is the very image of his father. And then, of course, I think of his grandmother, my Aunt Gracie, and I am off down memory lane again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Site Counter
Web Site Counter