Friday, April 14, 2006

About frogs...

Several years ago my niece, Becky got me interested in rubber stamping. It is an addicting hobby! Once I saw an email forward that had as its theme "FROG = Fully Rely On God." I thought it was a great idea for a card using my rubber stamps, so I began collecting frog stamps. There are so many wonderful ways to use this theme!

Last fall I began having increased health problems. My ailing back, feet, hand, and knee were making my life very difficult. December 1, 2005 a doctor told me that I almost certainly had cancer, but would need a biopsy to verify her diagnosis. On my way home , I stopped to tell my sister the ominous news and found that she was having a stroke. About the same time I had to make the decision to move from my house to a small apartment. I also had to leave my job in order to make the move. In the course of testing for cancer another biopsy was required. It was a situation that could easily be overwhelming. The hardest part for me was trying to get moved. The more I tried to do -the worse the pain got. The amazing thing to me was that through all of this God lead me patiently and surely. I was so aware of His Presence in my life. I knew I was helpless to deal with these problems. I had to rely on God for help and strength. God is faithful.When I needed comfort He was there. He gave me physical stamina to finish out my job. And when I needed physical help for the move-He sent Wendy and Cory!

When I moved into my new place I bought frog shower curtain hooks. JJ and Keith gave me a frog shower curtain as a house warming gift. I also got a frog bowl brush holder and set my frog bank in the new bathroom. They are whimsical reminders of my continuing need to Fully Rely On God!

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Jemit said...

It is remarkable to me.. that the older we get, the more we realize that we need to FROG.. not that we didn't before, but that we realize it so much more.
I love the pictures!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Site Counter
Web Site Counter