Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Day

We had a lovely Thanksgiving Day. Joyce stayed over to help with preparations. It is always such a treat to have her by herself. Joyce made pumpkin cake and chocolate fudge molded candy. She also made some molded mints. She helped me get the 19 pound turkey into the oven early in the morning and count out the silverware and plates and so on for the meal. I was afraid to even try to get the turkey out, so we waited until Charlie arrived and let him do the job. Amy made delicious stuffing, Paul mashed the potatoes, and we all ate way too much! I caught Daniel and David dipping into the cool whip. I scolded them, but it was hard not to laugh. In fact every time I think of their guilty faces and their fingers halfway to their mouths dripping with cool whip, I have to chuckle.
We have so much to be thankful for. We live in abundance. The children are all healthy and bright. God has given us more than we can hold and He is promising even more. We have the sure hope of heaven.`

Thou art my God; I'll give Thee thanks,
My God, I'll worship Thee.
O thank the Lord, for He is good;
His grace will endless be.
Psalm 118:28-29

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Site Counter
Web Site Counter