Sunday, August 19, 2007

Saturday

I had the loveliest day! My dear friend, Fern, from college days was visiting with her daughter, Mary. Fern and family have been living in Alaska for many years. I had thought I might never see her again in this life, though I am sure of seeing her in the next.
We gathered at Fern's sister's place and traveled north to Volant, Lake Arthur, and McConnell's Mills. We were driven by Marian, a former neighbor, but still good friend of Betty and Fern.
While I thoroughly enjoyed the entire day, I have to say that the most fun was in the evening. After a sumptuous meal prepared by Betty Ann, Sister Gladys joined us for a wonderful sing-a-long accompanied by Mary on the accordion. All of these sweet, loving, women have beautiful voices and oh, how they could harmonize! The pure joy of that time brought tears to my eyes. God is so good to bless me with such friends and such pleasurable times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Site Counter
Web Site Counter